- Get the kids to help you crumb the chicken. Place the flour on a large plate, the egg in a shallow bowl, and the breadcrumbs on a separate large plate. Lightly dust the chicken tenderloins in the flour, dip into the egg, and then press onto the crumb mixture to cover the chicken. Lay each crumbed strip flat on a tray and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized fry pan over a medium to high heat. Cook the chicken in batches, for 3 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through. Once cooked, remove from the pan, and drain any excess oil on a paper towel.
- Preheat the grill to high. Place the cooked chicken onto a large tray or ovenproof dish. Spoon the tomato sauce evenly over the chicken, and then get the kids to scatter over the Bega Farmers’ Tasty Cheese. Transfer the tray to the grill and cook for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted and starts to bubble.
- Serve the mini Parmigiana along with a green salad or steamed vegetables.
- Use pre-crumbed chicken fillets for an even quicker and simpler meal! Bega Easy Melt Colby also makes a great alternative if you don’t have Farmers’ Tasty.