- Preheat the oven to 220°C and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix together the flour and salt in a large bowl. Add the butter, and then get the kids to use their fingertips to combine with the flour until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add most of the Bega Farmers’ Tasty Cheese (keep about a tablespoon for later), and then stir through with a flat bladed knife. Pour in the milk and continue to mix with the knife until a dough forms.
- Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface and use a rolling pin to roll out the dough until it is 2cm thick. Use a 5cm round cutter to cut out rounds from the dough. Press any left-over dough together, and then cut out rounds as above.
- Place the scones onto a prepared tray 1cm apart. Brush the tops of the scones with milk and bake for 8 minutes. Carefully remove from the oven and sprinkle over the remaining cheese. Return to the oven and bake for a further 2-4 minutes or until well risen and golden.
- Remove the scones from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes. Eat the scones warm or at room temperature.
- These tasty scones make a great mid-morning snack. Try spreading with Western Star Spreadable and serving with pink lady apple slices.